Name/TitleEquipment: Violet Ray Appliance Set
About this objectViolet ray appliance set in brown timber box with metal closures.
1. 15 glass electrodes, black leather device and small corked bottle insitu;
2. Correspondence from Robert Black to Roger dated 03/04/1998;
3. Correspondence from Robert Black to Dr B Nicholson dated 02/11/1998;
3. Reference material regarding the instrument.
Manufactured by Max Bleske & Co.
Dr Nancarrow purchased the Alberton Medical Clinic in May 1949. The practice had started with Dr Alick Benson in 1890, followed by Dr Coverton, Dr St John-Poole, Dr Bertram Jolly in 1944. When Dr Nancarrow retired and closed the practice in 2012, the Heritage Office took the century of medical artifacts into the collection.
Date MadeCa 1920
Medium and MaterialsTimber, glass, rubber, metal, material
Subject and Association DescriptionViolet ray is an antique medical appliance used in electrotherapy (sometimes known as a "quake" device) used during the 20th century. One electrode stem is broken.
Copyright LicenceAll rights reserved