Name/TitleChemical: APC Tablets
About this objectA bottle previously containing 'A.P.C. Tabs.'. Empty.
Dispensed by D C Wilkinson, Pharmaceutical Chemist, Mount Barker, South Australia.
Kindly donated by Judy and Michael Rice.
Medium and MaterialsGlass, metal, ink, paper
Inscription and MarksAn oval shaped, brown glass bottle with shoulders tapering to the neck. The closure is a screw top metal lid. The Australian Glass Manufacturer's skirt logo on the base provides a bottle manufacturing date of between 1930 and 1969. Also on the base is 'M69M' and other illegible characters. The front of the bottle near the base has the number '7'. The bottle has been manufactured with a two piece mould extending through the finish and the base has been separately applied.
It is not known whether the APC tablets were aspirin, phenacetin, and, caffeine tablets, used as analgesia and since banned; or, ampicillin and probenecid tablets used to treat certain bacterial infections such as gonorrhoea, and infections of the ear, stomach, and urinary tract.
MeasurementsH8.5 x W5 x D3 cm
Subject and Association DescriptionDC Wilkinson traded from 45-47 Gawler Street, Mount Barker. At the turn of the 20th century the business was operated by TW Wilkinson. The building is on the State Heritage Places database as a building of local historic significance.
Copyright LicenceAll rights reserved